Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I lied.........

I lied.
I am computer literate....at least for tonight.
Lawrence is awesome.
Actually, Kansas is, too.
I think of all of my Brian associations.
I remember buying my volvo, how excited Brian was and driving it, illegally, across Kansas and Missouri.
I remember stopping at Carlos O'Kelly's for food.
I remember seeing an ex boyfriend in lawrence and Brian telling me that I deserved better. My response was--I am doing better now.
Funny how places evoke such memories.
Driving today was long and arduous.
Tomorrow will be about a hour drive and immediate acknowledgment.
I enjoy spending time with others, but sometimes, cannot deal with idiosyncracies. Similarly, I have an issue dealing with people that could be enriched by life, but choose not to be. I am extremely happy in my life. I do not find that I need to justify why I choose to do or not do certain things. I do not enjoy being mocked, especially, when I am being supportive. Honestly, if you are that unhappy with your life and the people that are in it, than go start an island and see how it goes is my opinion.
In a completely random area...I worked at Free State Brewery in Kansas. My last day there, in 99', an ex-employee, Ballu, stole my server check-out...basically, the equivalent of $400. The owner knew that I didn't take it, but he refused to press charges against Ballu. Instead, he told me that if I continued to work for him, I would be responsible for the damages.
I left.
I moved to Phoenix and didn't look back.

A month ago....Ballu died.
They don't know how or why, but karma is a bitch, right?
They all tried to remember my name and what I looked like. Magically, I showed up, today, in search of the perfect Oatmeal Stout.
Life is short. Be well. Enjoy it and others..........

2 comments:

Shari said...

I worked my butt off today and I feel great. I gave 15 chair massages to a group of senior citizens and asked them to donate to your marathon. I raised $100.00. I could have simple mailed you some money but I feel more enriched this way. I can't train or run with you, but all that hard work and sweat makes it more meaningful.
Enjoy the moments, where ever you are and you will always feel peace and happiness.
I love you and we will talk when you return home.
Love, Shari

harmony said...

Well done.
That is awesome. I really appreciate it.
I am at my dad's house, but about ready to head back west. It has been a nice, relaxing trip. I'll call you later.