Monday, February 4, 2008

The bus and other trivialities....

I forgot that on the Tramat Bus we drove around in circles for 3 hours...not kidding. There was another bus going to Mendoza from Bariloche and they were stopping in a town for an hour and half break. We wondered where we would stop until we arrived in this town with the endless roundabout. Our bus was also a courier service and so seriously, for 3 hours, we remained in the same 5 mile radius. I kept thinking, why don´t they let us out and stretch and they can take care of their business without a busload of people. It doesn´t work that way here.
I went to bed last night and I realized that I really like this hostel. It is quiet, the people are older and they have a bath tub. Each person that came to bed after me, figured out how to get to bed without blinding me with the main light.
This morning, I was quiet as I got up to go running. It doesn´t get light here until about 8 am, though, which is bizarre. Not to mention, that at 7:30 am, about 8 people arrived from partying the night before. They are really up at all hours.
The breakfast is lacking, but the coffee is strong and really, for $10 a night, I cannot complain. I remember paying $29-30 in Australia and thinking what a waste. If you want to travel on a budget, go to Argentina or South Africa. At least you can extend your trip that way.

No comments: