Sunday, February 3, 2008

lunch for 19 pesos...

I showered and felt like a million dollars. I decided to check out the town and stopped at an Italian joint for lunch. I ordered vermicelli with tomato sauce and a glass of wine. I swear.
After 10 minutes the waitres brought me a bottle of wine and I didn´t stop her since i didn´t know how to say it spanish. Instead, I let her open the bottle and figured that I would deal with the consequences later. She brought me bread and my spaghetti. I slowly ate it with my book from the Americans from Minnesota. When I asked for my check, I had no idea what the amount would be. It was 19 pesos or $6. Can you believe it?
I went to the Tourist office and got two tourist maps of mendoza. I figure that I might bike around the area instead of just taking tours. I watched a family eat pizza at a local restaurant and was fascinated by them since their daughter had Down´s syndrome and she was hilarious...so innocent, so happy and playful. She kept saying--esto es miyo---this is mine. I gave her my menu to add to her collection.
The couple from Minnesota were at the Tourist office and we had another great conversation about life and traveling. I hope to meet up with them before I return to Buenos Aires.
Traveling has been fantastic and I have really been fortunate to meet some interesting people. I can´t believe that my trip is almost over.
Watch out for strangers...

No comments: