Saturday, February 9, 2008

tango tonight....

I finally arranged to go to a Tango show. They will pick me up at the hostel and I will have dinner and the show. I am extremely excited and wished that i had more appropriate attire. My travel clothes are not that great.
I have met several women that have 4 pairs of shoes--trainers, sandals and 2 clubbing type shoes--I do not understand it and i cannot support it. Plus, they have multiple dresses, skirts, lots of things to carry in my opinion. I mean, I even sent some stuff back to the States so how could I support having more clothes to lug around? I think when I get to Phoenix, I might purchase somet new clothes or take some from Jan´s house. My friend has a lot of clothes.
I cannot believe that my trip is winding down. I think about how the countries all varied, yet were essentially the same. Each country has had McDonald´s, KFC, Blockbuster, Electronics Stores, Tire manufacturing and car dealerships from the US. We are everywhere in terms of the services that we provide. I have been on an asian reading fest the last 3 books and they all seem annoyed with the consumerism of the current world. It is interesting to see it in action while I travel.
I am off to the grill, the market and perhaps a siesta. Tonight, should be a late one...

2 comments:

Jadey said...

Harm,
I forget to tell you that I've shown a lot of people your pictures on the blog and tell them your my sister. The most common response is "Really, she's your sister". That cracks me up!
Have fun at the tango tonight, that should be a ball!
Jadey

harmony said...

yea...very funny. I know that the blond hair confuses most people. I met a german/finnish couple tonight and the girl said...you definitely look Danish...what is that about??? I suppose I take after mom´s side afterall. The show was pretty righteous, but i would have enjoyed a little more dancing and less singing. I suppose it would make sense if I explained it beter. Regardless, it was a wonderful experience and in La Boca---the scary, dangerous part of Buenos Aires. The theatre was next to Bombanera, or the soccer stadium. Talk about massive.