Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Renaca

I went to the beach today with a canadian, two americans and a brit. The computer at the hostel was done and so I couldn´t check my e-mail or anything.
The beach was beautiful, only we couldn´t swim there. It was interesting and they have a surfing competition there this weekend, only it doesn´t look like you can surf there ever. The waves crash quick and it wasn´t user friendly.
We took the bus, both ways and on the way back, we stood up for the majority of the return. The Lonely Planet says the bus to Renaca is 10 minutes. WEll, try more like 45 since you stop multiple times and go through Vina del Mar which is congested with several busses, people and chaos. We had several people get on our bus trying to sell us ice cream, pens and my favorite--a man put a stocking over his head. At first, I thought he was robbing the bus, but then he held up a puppet of an old woman, and he began to speak as her. I have no idea what he was saying, but he captivated us for 5 minutes and collected money on his way out. It was surreal and comical.
Now, we are doing an international buffet at the hostel. I didn´t know what to make since I am not drinking, can´t cook and so I bought a cake. We will see how it works out. My friend, Sharleen, made pbj sandwiches. Awesome!

No comments: