Thursday, February 7, 2008

The bus back to normalcy

I woke up, checked my e-mail, packed my things and spoke with a couple from Scotland about Chile. They said that it was muy bonita and that the food was more wholesome, meaning not as much sugar or pan de dulce. I must say that I am excited for blander food or perhaps, just not beef or pasta.
Afterwards, I went to coffee with a girl from Holland who knew everything. I went with her since we had agreed to go last night and I hadn´t figured a way out of it. It is frustrating to be around someone that has done everything, knows everything and disagrees constantly with you. She is traveling, solo, and had a wonderful trip with 9 of her sorority sisters...you can imagine how fantastic this girl is. Plus, apparently in the States, we do not have any outdoor cafes on pedestrian walkways since she has been there and she knows. We met briefly and I walked to the Park here and enjoyed the overcast day. I am awaiting my bus and have decided to stick with the original plan of leaving for Chile next Tuesday. They have peanut butter there and that is what sold me. It isn´t some crazy generic brand either, like Black Cat, from South Africa. Instead, they have Skippy and mexican products in the stores. It is like a return to normalcy.
I stocked up on some fruit for my bus ride in case there is no food service. I am hoping that we will at least have a movie or something to keep me occupied for part of the bus trip.
Take care and tomorrow I am meeting up with Jaime and Dain from Denver for drinks or coffee. It will be great to see a friendly face.

No comments: